WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF WRINKLES
As we age, our epidermal cells become less glutinous which makes our skin noticeably thinner. When our skin becomes thinner, the efficiency of its barrier function declines and releases moisture instead of locking it in the skin. This causes our skin to be more prone to dryness and more likely to lose its ability to repair itself.
When the dermal layer becomes thin, it produces less collagen and elastin fibers. This causes wrinkles to form and our skin sag.
Along with the ageing process, sun damage is also linked to wrinkle formation. When skin is exposed to sun for a long period of time, it can result to dryness and it can damage the collagen fibers that protects the skin. In addition, prolonged exposure to sun can cause skin disorder and cancer.
Other factors of wrinkle formation are the following: Poor nutrition, stress, poor sleep habits, excess alcohol or illegal drug consumption, and pollution.
1. Extended exposure to sunlight can cause serious skin damage. Experts recommend wearing a hat when on the beach especially on a hot day. Use of sunscreen and sunglasses is also helpful to avoid wrinkles that might appear around the eyes.
2. Smoking is not good for your health. Smoking is also bad for your skin. People who are smoking form wrinkles around their mouth earlier compare to non-smokers. To keep skin healthy, avoid cigarette and smoky places like bars and restaurants.
3. Avoid alcoholic beverages. Excessive alcohol consumption is bad for the skin. Alcohol prevents the body from absorbing vitamins needed to keep the skin healthy. Alcohol is a diuretic that drains out the liquid in the body and makes re-hydration very difficult after consuming the alcoholic beverage. Just drinking 2 alcoholic beverages a day can cause a large amount of damage to your skin. When drinking alcohol drink a glass of water after each alcoholic consumption; believe your skin will thank you.
4. Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water every day. Water helps to keep our skin complexion clear and healthy. Water is very effective in reducing wrinkles, flushing toxins, fat, and other unwanted substances out of the body.
Benefits of drinking plenty of water are:
The more water you drink the fewer wrinkles you'll get.
Drinking water helps your skin maintain moisture.
Drinking plenty of water helps combat psoriasis and eczema
Water increases blood flow to the skin.
Reduce swelling by re-hydration, when your body is dehydrated you retain water and swelling occur, this is your body protecting itself.
Improves skin tone.
Drinking enough water helps speed up the healing process for sunburns
5. Using olive oil as much as possible, will help to keep your skin soft and young looking.
6. Include tomatoes and vegetables in your daily diet. They contain nutrients that are proven to make the skin look younger. Also include fruits, nuts, and beans to your diet; they’re also good for your skin.
7. Skip sunbathing. We can all agree that beautiful tan and bronze skin makes you look and feel sexier, but is it worth posing a serious threat to your skin. Try a DIY natural bronzer or naturally made suntan spray instead. Never use tanning beds or sunlamps.
8. Pamper your skin once in a while by going to the spa or sauna. Spas's and Sauna's are very expensive these days;but you can learn DIY Natural skincare recipes that are used at famous celebrity visited spas and saunas.Save money and gain professional results; in the comfort of your home, relax and enjoy the benefits of natural properties working on your skin.
Also, get 8 or more hours of sleep. Keep the stress at bay. Remember that stress is the enemy to a youthful appearance. Stress causes a chemical response in your body which makes your skin more sensitive and reactive.
9. Use an all natural moisturizer twice everyday.
Dermatologists are advising the use of moisturizing creams and sunscreens if you have a few, shallow wrinkles. Most people are looking for a more advance technology to help erase the signs of aging.
The dermatologist response to this request for a more advanced wrinkle treatment is the introduction of Botox which softens wrinkles that are caused by grimacing or squinting.
Also there is Hyaluronic or collagen acid which are injected on the skin to elevate wrinkles.
Hyaluronic Acid fillers do have some side effects such as bruising, redness, swelling, pain; itching, lumps and bumps. Also, getting Hyaluronic Acid fillers eventually speeds up the aging process; because the fillers are actually stretching out the tissues under the skin, basically causing you to look older.
Collagen fillers also have negative side effects that can include infections, development of nodule around the injected area; damaged blood vessels and inflammatory reactions. Learn about the Natural Botox..Look Years Younger!!!
Another answer to aging skin is laser treatment to minimize wrinkles. The most common laser treatment is called Carbon Dioxide laser that which is designed for deeper wrinkles.
People who have deep, excessive wrinkles usually resort to having a face lift. It is a surgical procedure that is both invasive and expensive, but the results are excellent for some but not all. There are quite a few celebrities who have ruined their great looks, with plastic surgery and face lifts. I rather use natural skincare remedies and anti aging treatments that are researched and proven to take 5-10 years off your face without the plastic frozen look, or the new face that looks really weird.
We can delay the formation of wrinkles as long as we take care of ourselves and eat healthier foods. There is nothing more satisfying than looking younger than your true age. So, follow these tips and stay young!